Terms & Conditions
NOTICE TO PASSENGERS.
This ticket is issued in accordance with, and is subject to, the Terms & Conditions of Carriage of Passengers (the ‘Terms’ whereby the passenger agrees to be bound by the said Terms. The Terms are available for inspection at the Carrier's ticket offices or on the Carrier's website [www.cotaijet.com.mo] as well as on the Carrier's vessels. The following is a summary of the Terms for easy reference.
1. This ticket is not resalable and is valid only for designated route, date and time specified on face of ticket, unless otherwise permitted by Carrier.
2. This contract of carriage shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong SAR. All claims against the Carrier shall be determined by the courts of the Hong Kong SAR.
3. Unclaimed passenger luggage may be kept for one month at the passenger's expense. Upon expiration of the said period, the Carrier shall have the absolute sole discretion to sell and/or dispose of the luggage in any way the Carrier deems appropriate without recourse to the passenger, who forfeits any claim against the Carrier. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any uncollected luggage containing perishable goods may be disposed of immediately at the absolute sole discretion of the Carrier.
4. The Carrier shall have absolute discretion in refusing embarkation upon any of its vessels to any person it deems ill or unfit to travel for any reason. Such person shall have no claim against the Carrier whatsoever.
5. The Carrier shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage occasioned by the cancellation, alteration of voyage, change of disembarkation location or change of vessel to the extent permitted by law.
6.The Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss and/or damage to the luggage and property of the passenger unless same is directly caused by gross negligence of Carrier. Compensation for any loss of luggage or property shall be limited to HKD20 per kg, with a maximum liability of HKD600 per passenger.
7. The Carrier shall not be responsible for the death, injury or contraction of any disease by the passenger unless caused by the negligence of the Carrier. Any liability of the Carrier shall be determined in accordance with the Athens Convention as enacted in the Hong Kong SAR.